Bewildered


I am stunned. Bewildered. 

In a world meshed and connected together by internet, what happens in one corner of the world becomes news in my part of the world within seconds. In the blink of an eye. Or at the click of your mouse. 

In many ways, ignorance is bliss. Too much information and internet entertainment dulls the human brain and drain the human soul of empathy. 

One moment I'm viewing a youtube comedy clip, and the next moment I'm viewing another clip of the horrors of war as recent as a few hours ago. Or it could be news of the antics of some pop stars getting themselves into trouble with the law, or the latest lifestyle updates or trends, and the next click brings disturbing news of ecological disasters, the spread of Ebola, or the beheadings of people.

How I can stomach such a varied media input, I'm not sure. I'm still figuring it out. Hence the reason for this blog piece. 

All I can think of is this undersea picture of a huge shoal of fish, silvery and glittery, darting here and there, so close together that the predator can hardly compute and comprehend. It gets confusing. 

Ok enough said. 

I'm still bewildered and am still trying to reconcile the various shocking world events ignited and engulfing me from all over cyberspace. 

Peace to the world. Peace to my heart!

Comments

Popular Posts